Assistant editor, working remotely
Duration: Three months
Deadline: 15 December 2022
With volunteering opportunities, Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor hopes to build on efforts aimed at raising awareness of rights violations across the MENA region and Europe as well as knowledge of international laws and conventions. Volunteers are provided with valuable hands-on experience and training as they develop human rights advocacy skills. Upon successful completion of the programme, volunteers will receive a certificate of experience; if they prove to be exceptional, they will be given priority when there are job vacancies.
We are looking for a volunteer assistant editor to assist in the drafting and editing of publications, including reports, press releases, and media content. If you are passionate about human rights and would like to contribute to efforts undertaken to protect the rights of vulnerable groups across the MENA region and Europe, and have good experience in writing and editing, this opportunity may be for you!
- Assist the editors in editing, checking, and proofreading publications.
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for articles.
- Ensure that all aspects of a publication meet the organisation’s editorial policy and highest standards of quality.
- Support and assist the Editing Officer.
Main skills required
- English language proficiency.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of media production and communication.
- Research skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Education: University degree in English, journalism, human rights, or related field.
- Experience: Proven experience of excellent writing and editing skills.
- Application: If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please visit our online Internship and Volunteering portal at euromedmonitor.org/get-involved by Thursday, 15 December 2022.
Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor is a Geneva-based nongovernmental organisation (NGO) that advocates for the human rights of all persons living across the MENA region and Europe, particularly those caught in the throes of war, unrest, and/or displacement due to persecution or as a result of armed conflict.